The Southern Piedmont Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is a non-profit program funded by the U.S. Department of Education to serve participants in Franklin, Halifax, Henry, Patrick, and Pittsylvania counties, and the cities of Danville and Martinsville.
The purpose of the EOC is to provide assistance to individuals having a desire to enter or re-enter a program of post-secondary education. Education Specialists provide assistance with career decision making, admissions, and applying for financial aid. The goal is to help individuals enroll in GED programs, technical programs, or two or four-year colleges and universities.
The Educational Opportunity Center's Martinsville office is located in the Walker Fine Arts Building on the Patrick Henry Community College Campus.
Regular Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9:15am to 2:30pm
Patti Amos, MAEd
EOC Financial Aid Counselor TRiO Educational Opportunity Center (EOC)
Adjunct Faculty with Patrick Henry Community College
235A Walker Fine Arts Center
645 Patriot Avenue
Martinsville, VA 24112
What services will the EOC provide?
- Information on Post-Secondary Schools (2-year or 4-year colleges or trade/technical school)
- Career Counseling
- Career Interest Assessment
- Academic and Educational Counseling
- Admissions Information and Application Assistance
- Financial Aid Information and Application Assistance
- College Transfer Assistance
- GED Tutoring
- Community Referrals
- Information on local, regional, and national scholarships
- Campus Tours
The EOC targets services to:
- Adults, 19 years and older
- Low-income & first generation college students
- Individuals who desire to enroll in postsecondary education
- Individuals with disabilities
- Dislocated workers
- The underemployed
- Unemployed individuals
View an EOC brochure.