WEPA Printing Kiosk
New WEPA Technology = Less Paper!
Wireless Everywhere Print Anywhere (WEPA) is a new and easy printing system that Patrick Henry Community College has implemented for students in the LRC Learning Lab and Philpott 117 Nursing Lab. Convenient cloud technology lets you print from a variety of devices to any of the WEPA kiosk printers in the LRC Learning Lab and Philpott 117 Nursing Lab.
Black & White Copies 10¢ each imprint....Full Color Copies 50¢ each imprint
- More reliable: Clear, crisp 4-color or black & white prints on a 50% recycled 24lb paper.
- Print anywhere: Cloud technology lets you send documents to your WEPA account that can be printed at any kiosk in the LRC Learning Lab and Philpott 117 Nursing Lab.
- Convenient: Print from smart phones, home computers, USB keys and anywhere within the system of printers.
- Contributes to "green" initiatives: No wasted paper. Pay for only what you want to print. Delete the unwanted items from your queue.
- Helps alleviate the $24,000 in paper and toner costs annually.
- Generates revenue that can be used to fund student activities on campus.
- Conveniently available via on-line account maintenance with credit or debit card or by purchase of a WEPA print card from the PHCC Follett Bookstore. Financial aid can be used to purchase WEPA $5.00 print cards.
- PHCC applied a $5.00 virtual dollars prepay amount for the summer 2012 students, beginning May 21, 2012 to August 7, 2012.
Why Use Pay-For-Print?
Patrick Henry Community College has public printers in the Learning Center Open Lab and Philpott 117 Nursing Lab for student use. These printers generate an estimated 1.2 million printed pages annually, which costs the college approximately $24,000. Based on this information a pay-for-print system has been identified as the best, most cost-effective option that has already been implemented successfully at other colleges and universities across the country.
WEPA is a new and easy printing system that Patrick Henry Community College has implemented for students on campus.
How to Use WEPA
- Go to www.wepanow.com, log-in to your WEPA account, which has already been created, using your student email address and Blackboard password.
- Choose your method of payment for purchasing Print Credits.a. You can purchase WEPA Print Cards from the college bookstore in the Walker building.
b. You can use your debit/credit card to purchase print credits by logging into your account at www.wepanow.com.
c. You can swipe your card at the WEPA kiosk.
(There is a surcharge for using a credit card at the machine.)
- Print your files using any of these three methods: Direct from any computer in the LRC Learning Lab or Philpott 117 Nursing Lab, print from your USB device by plugging it directly into the kiosk, or print by web upload (simply download the WEPA Student Print Driver at home on your own laptop or desktop computer).a. Make sure to select WEPA-BW or WEPA-Color.
b. After selecting print, enter your username/email address
NOTE: You will enter this in a blue window that will appear after you select “Print”
c. Walk up to any kiosk and login with your username and password
d. Follow the onscreen instructions and print your document(s)
- You can also print from your computer to any WEPA kiosk on campus
a. Go to www.wepanow.com
b. Click the Print Now logo
c. Click login
d. Enter your username & password
e. Click Print Now
f. Browse and select your document(s)
g. Upload and send to WEPA
h. Walk up to any kiosk and login to release your prints
Your files will be held at every WEPA kiosk on campus for 24 hrs. After 24 hours all files will be deleted from your account. You can re-upload your files to your account as many times as you need to.
- Print directly from your USB Jumpdrive at any WEPA
a. At the WEPA, select “Print from USB”
b. Insert your USB Jumpdrive into the USB port
c. Wait for your documents to appear and select the document(s) you wish to print
d. Use your WEPA Account, Print Card, or Debit/Credit Card to print.
- The default setting for the WEPA printers is for single-sided copies, to avoid charges for multiple pages when only one page (front and back) is needed, be sure to select “duplex” printing to get double-sided copies (printed front and back of a single page).
Go to www.wepanow.com for more detailed information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are the WEPA Kiosks Located on campus?
There are two WEPA Kiosks in the LRC Learning Lab on the first floor and one WEPA Kiosk in the Philpott 117 Nursing Lab.
- How do I know which Kiosk to use?
Any Kiosk can print your job. WEPA uses "cloud" technology so once you send a file to print using the WEPA print driver any kiosk can then output your pages. Any document sent to the cloud will remain in the queue for 24 hours until you decide to retrieve it. You only pay for what you decide to print.
- I do not want to sign up for a WEPA account can I pay another way?
Pre-loaded swipe cards are available for purchase in $5 amounts and may be purchased at the Patrick Henry Community College Bookstore located in the Walker building. These cards may be used at any WEPA Kiosk on campus.
- How long is my job kept in the cloud?
All files will be deleted if not printed within 24-hours.
- How do I get a refund or contact WEPA about my prints?
Chat live with WEPA: www.wepanow.com/contact or call them at 1-800-675-7639
- How do I register for WEPA?
Anyone may register and sign up for a WEPA account at www.wepanow.com. Simply follow the online instructions.
- Why was this system implemented at the College?
Patrick Henry Community College has public printers in the LRC Learning Lab and Philpott 117 Nursing Lab for student use. These printers generate an estimated 1.2 million printed pages annually, which costs the college approximately $24,000. Based on this information a pay-for-print system has been identified as the best, most cost-effective option that has already been implemented successfully at other colleges and universities across the country.
- What can I do to help the College conserve paper?
The WEPA kiosks are much more economical per page than printing from a personal inkjet printer and all WEPA Kiosks print in Vibrant High Definition (HD) Color.
Remember these helpful tips before you print:
- When possible print duplex. Using both sides of a sheet will use less paper.
- Can the document be saved as a PDF file or other format and archived electronically or emailed?
- When printing from the Internet or a multi-page document do you need the whole file or can you select specific pages to print?