For PHCC Students & Alumni: If you need assistance with career counseling or career development, contact Cory Werkheiser by phone at (276) 656-5483 or email .
Patrick Henry Community College uses College Central Network
as its official resume and job posting service.
**Students and Alumni, create your account profile at College Central to:
- Search for all full-time, part-time, internship, and job opportunities easily and efficiently.
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers.
- Access event announcements, career advice documents, podcasts, videos and articles.
Choosing a career that will satisfy you can sometimes be difficult and confusing. If you are unsure of what you want to do or simply want to explore career options, we invite you to contact Cory Werkheiser by phone at (276) 656-5483 or email .
We have a number of online resources which provide information on job outlook forecasts, job descriptions, and salary information about a number of occupational opportunities. Career inventories and tests provide important information about your interests, abilities, values, likes and dislikes, and personality strengths and traits.
- Virginia Education Wizard is designed to help the student learn more about pursuing their education through the Virginia Community College system. But, that's not all! The website allows students to work through a career interest inventory, learn information about varying careers, research information about Virginia's community colleges, learn more about financial aid and paying for college and it also helps students plan for transferring to a four year institution.
- CareerScope is a career assessment program that measures both aptitude and interest through a variety of tasks. The results are compiled into a comprehensive Individual Profile Analysis (IPA), and identify the most significant interest area preferences.
Additional Career Resources:
Virginia Employment Commission