We are proud of your accomplishments. Attaining a degree or certificate takes much determination and dedication.
In order to successfully graduate and receive an Associate’s Degree, Certificate, or Career Studies Certificate at Patrick Henry Community College, a student must complete the following established graduation requirements:
- Have been admitted to a curriculum; and
- have fulfilled all of the course and credit hour requirements of the program as set forth in the college catalog; and
- have acquired at least 25% of program requirements for an associate degree, diploma, and in specialized courses for a certificate through course completion at PHCC; and
- have demonstrated computer competency skills as defined by the college; and
- have been recommended for graduation by the appropriate instructional authority in the program of study; and
- have earned a grade point average of at least 2.0 in all course attempted which are applicable toward graduation in the program of study; and
- have filed an application for graduation through myPHCC Student Center by the established deadline; and
- have resolved all financial obligations to the college and returned all library and other college materials
Please note: applications for graduation are accepted for a specific time frame each semester. These time frames allow the Office of the Registrar to evaluate and process credentials efficiently.
- Summer Term: May 16th –July 31st
- Fall Term: August 1st – Nov 1st
- Spring Term: Nov 2nd – April 2nd
After graduation applications are received, the Registrar will mail a graduation evaluation to the student identifying all remaining requirements for completion of degree or certificate.
Degrees and/or certificates will be available in the Office of the Registrar for pick up on specified dates listed on your graduation evaluation for each semester. Degrees and/or certificates that have not been picked up on these specified dates will be mailed to the address current in the students People Soft account.
Commencement:The Commencement Ceremony is held once a year in May for students who have completed an application for graduation and degree requirements by the commencement ceremony date. Students meeting these requirements will be e-mailed commencement exercise info via their VCCS student e-mail account by the end of March. It is imperative that you check your email account so that you may receive and turn in any additional required documentation for ceremony participation.
Ordering a Replacement Degree/Certificate
Diplomas will be reissued upon the graduate’s request provided the graduate does not have any outstanding debt to the college, in which case, no diplomas will be re-issued until the debt is fully satisfied.
There is a $10 fee associated with each replacement degree or certificate payable to the Business Office. If you wish to order a replacement degree, please print, complete and attach your receipt to the Replacement Degree Order Form and submit to the Office of the Registrar.
*Patrick Henry reserves the right to publicize the achievements of our graduates in local newspapers and publications.
Students may be eligible to graduate with multiple degrees and certificates if the content of the curricula differ from one another by at least 25%. Please contact the appropriate Division Dean or the Registrar with questions regarding the awarding of multiple degrees.
Students completing an Associate Degree or Certificate (excluding Career Studies) at PHCC will be eligible for honors as follows:
Cumulative GPA of 3.2 - cum laude
Cumulative GPA of 3.5 - magna cum laude
Cumulative GPA of 3.8 - summa cum laude
Graduation honors are reflected on the student's academic transcript and diploma.