We are proud of your accomplishments. Attaining a degree or certificate takes much determination and dedication.
In order to successfully graduate and receive an Associate’s Degree, Certificate, or Career Studies Certificate at Patrick Henry Community College, a student must complete the following established graduation requirements:
- Have been admitted to a curriculum; and
- have fulfilled all of the course and credit hour requirements of the program as set forth in the college catalog; and
- have acquired at least 25% of program requirements for an associate degree, diploma, and in specialized courses for a certificate through course completion at PHCC; and
- have demonstrated computer competency skills as defined by the college; and
- have been recommended for graduation by the appropriate instructional authority in the program of study; and
- have earned a grade point average of at least 2.0 in all course attempted which are applicable toward graduation in the program of study; and
- have filed an application for graduation through myPHCC Student Center by the established deadline; and
- have resolved all financial obligations to the college and returned all library and other college materials
The graduation application is accessible by logging in to your Student Center. Instructions and time frames can be found below:
- Login to MyPHCC using your Username and Password.
- Click SIS
- Click Student Center
- Click Apply for Graduation
- Print your confirmation for your records
- Summer Term: May 16th –July 31st
- Fall Term: August 1st – Nov 1st
- Spring Term: Nov 2nd – April 2nd
After application submission:
The Registrar will evaluate your application by checking your advisement report to determine if all program requirements are satisfied. A graduation evaluation letter is mailed to the student indicating remaining program requirements in order to receive the credential for which the student has applied. The evaluation letter will be the only contact by mail. All other notifications in reference to graduation and the commencement ceremony will be emailed to the student’s VCCS email address.
Receiving the Degree/Certificate:
The office of the registrar will email graduation applicants that have successfully satisfied all program requirements a week after final grades are posted for the term (final grade posting dates can be found in grade information) to notify of degree/certificate pick up dates, times and locations.
Ordering a Replacement Degree/Certificate
Diplomas will be reissued upon the graduate’s request provided the graduate does not have any outstanding debt to the college, in which case, no diplomas will be re-issued until the debt is fully satisfied.
There is a $10 fee associated with each replacement degree or certificate payable to the Business Office. If you wish to order a replacement degree, please print, complete and attach your receipt to the Replacement Degree Order Form and submit to the Office of the Registrar.
*Patrick Henry reserves the right to publicize the achievements of our graduates in local newspapers and publications.
Students may be eligible to graduate with multiple degrees and certificates if the content of the curricula differ from one another by at least 25%. Please contact the appropriate Division Dean or the Registrar with questions regarding the awarding of multiple degrees.
Students completing an Associate Degree or Certificate (excluding Career Studies) at PHCC will be eligible for honors as follows:
Cumulative GPA of 3.2 - cum laude
Cumulative GPA of 3.5 - magna cum laude
Cumulative GPA of 3.8 - summa cum laude
Graduation honors are reflected on the student's academic transcript and diploma.