Job Driven National Emergency Grant (JDNEG)
Let Patrick Henry Community College help you explore your options, upgrade your job skills and prepare you for a new career. The JDNEG - Job Driven National Emergency Grant is designed to help dislocated workers upgrade their job skills through a degree or certificate program.
Funding for tuition, books, and fees is provided on a first-come, first-served basis to those who meet all eligibility requirements.
Who is eligible?
· Dislocated Worker (DW) and provides the verification for one of the following:
- Terminated/Laid off/Received notice of termination or layoff from employment; is eligible for Unemployment Insurance OR has exhausted or near exhausting entitlement to unemployment compensation AND Unlikely to Return to Previous Industry or Occupation (Reemployment Opportunity is poor)
- Permanent Closure of Plant/Facility/Enterprise/Substantial Layoff
- General Announcement of Closure
- Formerly Self-Employed/Currently Unemployed
- Displaced Homemaker
- Spouse of member of the Armed Forces on active duty
Both credit and non-credit programs of study can qualify for assistance under the JDNEG. Whether you are interested in an associate degree program, a certificate program, or an online certification program, you owe it to yourself to check out the Job Driven National Emergency Grant.
To apply or for more information, contact Brenda Strum, , (276) 634-3601 or Chad Younger, , (276) 634-3602.
JDNEG is funded by the West Piedmont Workforce Investment Board and is an equal opportunity employee/program including sub-recipients. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Primary source of funding is from the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration.