Financial Assistance: available to eligible students who need additional resources to meet college costs. Patrick Henry Community College strives to assist students in off-setting these costs through grant funds. Grant funds are awarded to students based on financial need.
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the starting point for applying for these funds. The information you provide on the FAFSA is calculated by the Department of Education to determine your family's financial strength to pay for educational cost (Expected Family Contribution or EFC). The EFC is subtracted from the cost of attendance; the result is your financial need. Step by step instructions to Complete the FAFSA. YouTube also has some videos to help you complete the FAFSA.
See the links below for:
- PHCC Scholarships - an additional source of funding
- Scholarships Outside of PHCC: scholarships open to all students
- Nelnet - payment plan option: open regularly during the year
- Satisfactory Academic Appeal- on-line reinstatement
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Phone Number: (276) 656-0317
Fax Number: (276) 632-0189
Please note that during periods of registration our office strives to assist all who come by our office or contact us by phone. It is during these peak periods that we ask for your assistance if you are trying to reach our office by phone. If you are unable to reach us, we ask that you leave a message, your student ID, and a return number. Return calls are generally made within two days.
Questions/Concerns: find just the right financial aid person
- Rosemary Bowers - Veteran Educational Benefits, Scholarships, and Work-Study
- Penny Stultz - Trade Act, Application process, forms, waivers, and consortiums
- Cindy Keller - (Financial Aid Coordinator) - Financial Aid suspension/reinstatement
Important: Guaranteed Award Notification
The Financial Aid Office has established a June 1 guaranteed award notification for submitting required documentation to the Financial Aid Office for the beginning of each academic year. All students meeting the June 1 date will be processed for aid in time for Fall registration in August. Financial Aid Applications received after June 1 will continue to be processed on a first-come, first-served basis; however, the applications may not be processed in time to receive aid for tuition payment for the Fall registration date.
**Note: Applicants are encouraged to monitor their account online at myPHCC to determine their award package.
Award Notification Letters:
Students who are awarded grant funds will need to review the link below. This link will provide the Satisfactory Academic Policy requirements to continue receiving grant funds, the levels of Pell funds according to enrollment (full-time/half-time/less than half), and will cover the specific requirements for each grant. Please review financial aid award package information before contacting the Financial Aid Office with your award questions.
- Virginia Wizard College Cost Calculator
- W.A.V.E. for Veterans
- FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) Fill out your FAFSA form each year (School code 003751)
- 2014-15 Student Financial Aid Verification Form for Dependent Student
- 2014-15 Student Financial Aid Verification Form for Independent Student
- 2014-15 Verification form for Child Support paid.
- 2014-15 Verification form for SNAP benefits
- Prior Degree form
- Untaxed Income Verification Form
- Workstudy Application 2014-2015