Patrick Henry Community College is a two-year, non-residential, commuter college. We welcome applications from qualified international students who meet our academic, financial, and language requirements. Our Admissions & Records Office complies fully with federal laws and regulations regarding admission and course enrollment of all immigrant and non-immigrant students.
- International students are classified as out-of-state students for tuition payment purposes.
- Students with DACA approval (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) are eligible for in-state tuition.
- Federal financial aid is not available to F-1 Visa international students. Funds must be readily available for tuition payment at time of registration.
- F-1 Visa international students are limited to enrollment in specific programs ( see tier 1 advisor).
- You may also be required to take the VPT prior to enrolling in courses.
F-1 Visa Deadlines for Students Application Materials
- Fall- July 1
- Spring- Nov 1
Steps for F-1 Visa Student Application Process
- Complete the online application for admissions to Patrick Henry Community College.
- Complete all forms in the International Student Packet and submit to the Office of Admissions and Records.
Steps for F-1 Visa Student Transfer Process
- If you currently attend another SEVIS approved school and wish to transfer to PHCC, please complete the Transfer in Form.
- If you currently attend PHCC and are transferring to another SEVIS approved school, please complete the Transfer out Form.
F-1 Visa Student Contacts
PDSO- Jessica M. Carter
Coordinator of Admissions & Records, Registrar
DSO- Megan Keffer
Outreach Advising Specialist
International Student Support Resources
- Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- U.S. Department of State
- Study in the States (Homeland Security)
Jessica Carter | 276-656-0312 |