The Virginia Placement Test (VPT) is used to place students into appropriate writing and mathematics courses.
VPT Testing Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Your PHCC Student ID # (EMPLID)
- A valid government issued photo I.D. (DMV issued license, learner's permit, photo ID, Passport, or Military ID)
- No appointment required. Tests are administered on a first-come-first-served walk-in basis. Seating is limited.
- There is no fee to take the test.
- The test is untimed, but it takes an average of two hours to complete each of the two portions. You may not take both portions of the test (math and English) on the same day.
- If you need accommodations for the placement test due to a disability or other circumstance, please contact DisAbility Resources at (276) 656-0257 or .
- An application for admission must be on file in the Admissions Office prior to taking the placement test.
SAT/ACT Score Requirements
PHCC accepts the following SAT or ACT scores in lieu of a student needing to take the VPT if the test was taken within the last two years.
SAT score requirements if taken after March 2016
- Writing/Language – 560 combined score
- Math – 550
SAT score requirements if taken before March 2016
- Critical Reading - 500
- Writing – 500
- Math – 520
ACT score requirements
- Math - 22
- Reading/Writing - 18
Main Campus: Walker Hall 228 | 276-656-5481 or 276-656-0311
Patrick County Site: 276-694-8778 |