Review the following checklist to see if you are ready to start the semester:
- _____Applied to PHCC? If you took dual enrollment classes, after you graduate from high school you only need to come to the Admissions Office in the Walker Fine Arts/Student Center to change your program of study. If you have never been a student at Patrick Henry Community College, submit your application as soon as you can. How to Apply.
- _____Received Empl ID? After your application is complete, you will be issued an Empl ID number. Look up your Empl ID number. Write down your Empl ID and e-mail address to keep with you at all times. You will need to know your Empl ID to take the Placement Test, register for classes, and access any of your personal academic information.
- _____Taken Placement Test? Results from The Placement Test(s) help PHCC counselors advise students and place them in appropriate courses more effectively. If you have taken the SAT or the ACT within the past two years, those test scores may be used to waive the Placement Test if you scored high enough.
- _____Applied for financial aid? When you apply online using the FASFA you will receive your eligibility results back in two to four weeks.
- _____Met with your Advisor to schedule your classes?
- _____Plan to take the SDV 108 (College Survival Skills) during your first semester? This course is required of any degree, diploma or certificate program at the college.
- _____Pay for your courses on the day you register f you do not have financial aid in place. Payment for tuition must be made by the end of the business day. If you do not pay the day you sign up for classes and you do not have financial aid, your classes will be dropped and you will have to re-register for your classes.
Stop by the Admission and Student Services Office in the Walker Fine Arts/Student Center if you have questions or need further information. Our phone number is (276) 656-0325. Our office hours are 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.