How to Apply
***Note: You do not get an acceptance letter unless you submit a hard copy. Otherwise, it’s automatic, and you get your ID number and advisor’s name at the end of the online process, which you can print out. If there is a problem, you are notified at that time to contact the Admissions Office.
To become a student at PHCC, you must submit the following information to the Admissions Office:
- A completed Application for Admission. You may get an application by calling the Admissions Office at (276) 656-0325, visiting the Admissions Office on campus, download the application, or you may apply online at https://apply.vccs.edu/app/app.htm
Official high school transcripts or GED certificate if: You plan to enter the Nursing, Licensed Practical Nursing, or EMT-Intermediate program (no exceptions).
- Applicants for financial aid should be aware that some financial aid programs may require that the high school transcript/GED certificate be submitted without exception before an award may be made.
- If you will not have finished high school or GED before enrolling, specific testing may be required for admission evaluation. Contact the Admissions Office for details.
Official college transcripts for all previous institutions if:
- you plan to enter the degree program in either Nursing or EMT-Paramedic or the certificate in Licensed Practical Nursing.
- you wish to receive transfer credit.
- If you can transfer at least 20 semester hours to PHCC, you are exempt from completing SDV 108, College Survival Skills.
- Other material when applicable. Nursing (RN and LPN) applicants need to consult specifics in the Nursing section of the college catalog.