Financial Assistance: available to eligible students who need additional resources to meet college costs. Patrick Henry Community College strives to assist students in off-setting these costs through grant funds. Grant funds are awarded to students based on financial need.
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the starting point for applying for these funds. The information you provide on the FAFSA is calculated by the Department of Education to determine your family's financial strength to pay for educational cost (Expected Family Contribution or EFC). The EFC is subtracted from the cost of attendance; the result is your financial need. Step by step instructions to Complete the FAFSA. YouTube also has some videos to help you complete the FAFSA.
Loans: borrowed are to be repaid according to established guidelines. By accepting a loan, students have a legal responsibility to pay the loan amount as instructed in a promissory note. PHCC does not participate in the Federal Family Education Loan Programs (Federal Stafford, Federal Perkins, and Federal Plus). Students who may need to consider loans to attend Patrick Henry Community College will need to seek private or alternative student loans.
Questions/Concerns: http://mysupport.patrickhenry.edu or (855) 874-6692
Please note that during periods of registration you may need to leave a message. It is during these peak periods that we ask for your assistance by having your student ID and return number ready.
Important: Guaranteed Award Notification
The Financial Aid Office has established a June 1 guaranteed award notification for submitting required documentation to the Financial Aid Office for the beginning of each academic year. All students meeting the June 1 date will be processed for aid in time for Fall registration in August. Financial Aid Applications received after June 1 will continue to be processed on a first-come, first-served basis; however, the applications may not be processed in time to receive aid for tuition payment for the Fall registration date.
**Note: Applicants are encouraged to monitor their account online at myPHCC to determine their award package.
Award Notification Letters:
Students who are awarded grant funds will need to review the link below. This link will provide the Satisfactory Academic Policy requirements to continue receiving grant funds, the levels of Pell funds according to enrollment (full-time/half-time/less than half), and will cover the specific requirements for each grant. Please review Financial Aid Award Information (link above) for detailed information to further understand your award.
- Financial Aid Award Information - additional information for students who have been awarded financial aid
- PHCC Scholarships - an additional source of funding
- Scholarships Outside of PHCC: scholarships open to all students
- Tuition Payment Plan - payment plan option: open regularly during the year
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeal form- on-line reinstatement
- To be financially savvy, see Cash Course.
- Virginia Wizard College Cost Calculator
- FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) Fill out your FAFSA form each year (School code 003751)
Financial Aid Forms:
2016-2017 Academic Year
- Verification Form for Dependent Student
- Verification Form for Independent Student
- Verification Form for Child Support Paid
- Untaxed Income Verification Form
- Prior Degree Form