Patrick Henry Community College was recognized as a military-friendly college by the Military Times Edge magazine.
GI Bill® Certification
Students eligible for veteran educational benefits from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs should apply here. Paper applications are available at the PHCC Financial Aid Office.
Montgomery GI Bill® Chapters
- Chapter 30 – Active duty benefits
- Chapter 33 – Post 9/11/01
- Chapter 35 – Dependents/Spouses of veterans
- Chapter 1606 – National Guard/Reservist
You may only use one chapter at a time if you are eligible for more than one. Those receiving Chapter 1606 and Chapter 30 benefits must verify enrollment at the end of each month. Verification may be completed on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs GI Bill website or via telephone at 877-823-2378. Please note - Courses not meeting the entire term are paid only for the days the class meets which affects entitlement pay.
Veterans Student Club
Starting college can be challenging and may requires adjustments. Connecting with other veterans makes the transition less stressful. There are opportunities to meet veterans on and off campus for camaraderie, peer support, projects, and more. The PHCC Veteran Student Club unites those within the campus commmunity who are veterans, active military, dependents, and those who support our millitary. For more information call 276-656-0341 or email .
- Questions about transferring in military service credits: Megan Eggleston
- Virginia Veterans & Family Support - Cliff Roop, 276-340-2976
- Veteran Claims: Nicole Crews, 2276 Franklin Turnpike, Suite #104, Danville VA 24540; 434-836-8447
- US Department of Veterans Affairs - GI Bill
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- US Department of Veterans Affairs - Vet Center
- Military One Source