Patrick Henry Community College was recognized as a “2015 Best for Vets” college by the Military Times Edge magazine.
GI Bill® Certification
Students eligible for veteran educational benefits from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs should apply at www.gibill.va.gov. Paper applications are available at the PHCC Financial Aid Office.
Montgomery GI Bill® Chapters
- Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 (served after 09/11/2001)
- Chapter 30 – Active duty benefits
- Chapter 35 – Dependents/Spouses of veterans
- Chapter 1606 – National Guard/Reservist
- Chapter 1607 – National Guard/Reservist who have been deployed
(You may only use one chapter at a time if you are eligible for more than one.)
Those receiving Chapter 1606, Chapter 1607, and Chapter 30 benefits must verify enrollment at the end of each month. Verification may be completed online at www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do or via telephone at 877-823-2378.
Please note - Courses not meeting the entire term are paid only for the days the class meets which affects entitlement pay.
Veterans Student Club
Starting college can be challenging and may requires adjustments. Connecting with other veterans makes the transition less stressful. There are opportunities to meet veterans on and off campus for camaraderie, peer support, projects, and more. The PHCC Veteran Student Club unites those within the campus commmunity who are veterans, active military, dependents, and those who support our millitary. For more information call 276-656-0341 or email .
- Virginia Veterans & Family Support - Cliff Roop, 276-340-2976
- Veterans’ Claims: Nicole Crews, 2276 Franklin Turnpike, Suite #104, Danville VA 24540; 434-836-8447
- Military One Source