Top PHCC News
Mass Mutual Scholars
- Category: Top News Archived
- Published: Friday, 11 January 2013 10:33
- Hits: 1549
A national scholarship program for high achieving college students of African American, Asian/Pacific Islander or Hispanic descent interested in pursuing careers in the insurance and financial services industry.
• Open to students of African American, Asian/Pacific Islander or Hispanic descent.
• Must show proof of U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired).
• Have a ntinimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Plan to attend a degree-seeking program, full-time at a U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam during the 2013-2014 acadentic year.
• Will be entering sophomore, junior, senior or 5th-year senior year in pursuit of an undergraduate degree at an accredited college or university.
• Students of all majors will be considered.
• Preference will be given to students who demonstrate:
- An interest in pursuing a career in the insurance and financial services industry.
- Leadership and participation in extracurricular activities.
• Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
• Selected students attending accredited 2 year and 4 year colleges/universities will be awarded $2,500 or $5,000 respectively.
• A total of $150,000 in scholarships will be awarded for the 2013-14 school year.
Applications are available at www.act.org/massmutual. The application deadline is May 3, 2013 (5 PM central time).