A. Definition: IA is to ensure that each individual student has acquired or mastered the group goal. In this chain, there will be no weak link or Each must pull his own weight.
B. Ways to structure IA"
- Assess the performance of each individual member (quiz, test, etc).
- Give the results back to the individual and the group to compare to a preset standard of performance.
- Give random individual oral examinations.
- Observe each group and group member.
- Assign one student in each group the role of checker of understanding.
- Have students teach what they learned to someone else.
- Have group members edit each other's work.
- Have students use what they have learned to solve a different problem.