Patrick Henry Community College - Official Site
Site Cat Menu
Physical facilities and resources are important in education by assuring accessibility to all students, college personnel, the community, and to comply with ADA and OSHA requirements. Patrick Henry Community College is committed to developing a facility and physical resources plan that is adequate for instruction and support services, and provides an acceptable, safe, and secure environment conducive to student learning and community service programs. The Facilities Department exists to meet these needs and to provide a safe, functional and aesthetically pleasing environment. We endeavor to deliver high quality service through planning, building, operating and maintaining facilities and grounds within a cooperative and accommodating schedule.
The mission of the office of Emergency Planning is to ensure the safety and security of the campus of Patrick Henry Community College by coordinating emergency management and disaster preparedness programs for response, recovery, and mitigation in accordance with state and federal regulations.
Emergency Planning trains faculty, staff, and students in emergency response procedures and safety issues, develops and coordinates emergency drills, and conducts safety drills. The Emergency Planner functions as the college’s liaison with the Virginia Department of Emergency Management, Office of Commonwealth Preparedness, local/state emergency planners and local and state law enforcement by serving as the Emergency Planning Coordinating Officer in accordance with Governor’s Executive Order 60. The Emergency Planner writes and updates policies associated with all areas of safety including but not limited to; Emergency Operation Plan, Pandemic Flu Plan, and the Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP). The Emergency Planner is responsible for implementation of the Continuing Preparedness Initiatives as established in the Governor’s Executive Order 41. The Emergency Planning Coordinator’s office is responsible for the PHCC identification/photo ID badges for students and staff.
To help meet your educational expenses, Patrick Henry Virginia Community College is pleased to participate in the TMS tuition payment plan. For a non-refundable enrollment fee, TMS allows you to pay your tuition in monthly, interest-free payments. The earlier you enroll, the more payment options you may have and the less the enrollment fee. Payments are deducted around the 20th of each month depending upon whether you opt to make your payments by ACH or by credit card. See the above PDF file for enrollment dates and fees.
•Sign into myPHCC.
•Click VCCS SIS: Student Information System.
•Enroll in classes.
•Go to Self-Service Student Center.
•Scroll down to the Finances section.
•Under My Account click Apply TMS Payment Plan.
•This will take you to the Account Summary page where you will find the link Apply TMS Payment Plan. Selecting this link will take you to the TMS Application which will be prefilled with your name, Student ID number and current account balance as shown in the Total Due column in the section "What I Owe."
•Please read the terms and conditions carefully. After completing the application, agreeing to the terms and conditions and making the required down payment, you will be instructed to click the Submit and Activate button to activate your agreement. A confirmation and agreement number will be displayed which should be printed for your records. An email will be sent to the email address you entered and a service indicator will be placed on your account to hold your classes. The contract amount will be updated whenever a payment is made or when financial aid is disbursed to your account.
•To exit, click Sign Out.
This web page is part of Patrick Henry Community College's (PHCC's) effort to provide students and employees information about campus safety and security. We hope that you will read it carefully and use the information to help the college provide a safe learning and working environment. PHCC is required to inform students of the risks to their safety and security according to the Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act of 1990.
Reporting of Criminal Actions and Other Emergencies
Uniformed guards provide security enforcement on the PHCC campus and at college off-campus sites. The guard sergeant plans and supervises work schedules, performs inspections to insure that proper patrolling methods are maintained, and assigns security personnel for special college events. The guards maintain scheduled patrols and inspections of campus grounds and facilities. They also coordinate efforts with local law enforcement agencies on matters pertinent to and within the jurisdiction of the Virginia Community College System. The Virginia State Police are contacted as required by current regulations.
It is your responsibility to report all actual and suspected criminal acts and to encourage everyone to be responsible for their own safety as well as each others'. You can contact security by calling the on-campus office at (276)656-0221 or (276)732-2406. You may also contact the vice president of financial and administrative services at (276)656-0205. For emergencies requiring an ambulance, fire department or police, call 911 and then contact campus security.
Access and Security
The college security guards and other college personnel maintain security and access to the campus. Buildings are closed to students after evening classes. On weekends, the library and computer laboratories are available only during designated times. The hours of operation for each laboratory are posted and are also available from personnel in the respective laboratories.
We suggest you follow these guidelines to minimize security risks:
- do not prop open doors to the outside
- lock rooms that are unavailable on weekends;
- travel in pairs or groups if going from campus buildings to parking lots after dark;
- stay within the lighted walkway areas at night;
- avoid working or studying alone on campus at night or on weekends;
- keep car doors and windows locked;
- do not leave purses, book bags or other valuables open or unattended.
PHCC security personnel gather statistics on crimes that occur on the college campus.
Number of Occurrences Reported During
the Last Three Years - Criminal Offenses
On campus and Non campus
|Forcible sex offenses (including forcible rape)||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Nonforcible sex offenses||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Motor Vehicle Theft||0||0||0||0||0||0|
Number of Arrests/Disciplinary Action for Selected Crimes
On campus and Non campus
|Liquor Law Violations||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Drug Law Violations||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Illegal Weapons Possession||0||0||0||0||0||0|
Patrick Henry Community College uses PHCC Alert to notify students and campus personnel in the event of an emergency or weather-related delay or closure. To sign up for PHCC Alert or to learn more, visit the homepage and follow the PHCC Alert link.
Patrick Henry Community College QuikPay Online Services
With QuikPay you can:
- Store a Payment Profile to use for all QuikPay Transactions
- Create Authorized Payers that can make payments against your account
- Include a Secondary email address to receive notifications
- View your Current and Previous Statements
- Make Payments against your account
- View all Transaction History against your account
To Access QuikPay from SIS Peoplesoft
- Login into SIS: Student Information System via MyPHCC using your user id and password.
- From Self Service click on the Student Center page, then click on “Go to QuikPay”
- This will bring you to the QuikPay Application and you will land on the QuikPay Message Board
To Make a Payment
- Navigate to “Make Payment” on the left hand navigation menu
- Your Current Balance will display at the top next to “Amount Due”
- Enter in the amount you would like to pay in the Payment Amount box and the select your payment method. Click “Continue”
- Enter in the payment information, and click “Continue.” You will be asked to confirm your payment information
- Click “Confirm” for QuikPay to process your payment, and your receipt will be displayed.
View Transaction History
- Navigate to “Transaction History” on the left hand menu
- Previous Transactions made by you and your Authorized Payer(s) will display
- To view details of the transaction, select the detail icon
To Setup a Payment Profile
- On the left navigation menu click on “Payment Profiles”
- Select to add “Credit/Debit Card Profile”
- After making your selection, enter a name to identify your payment profile
- Next, enter in the requested payment information
- Select “Save”
To Create and Authorized Payer
An Authorized Payer is someone that you authorize to make payments against your account (for example a Parent, Guardian, Aunt, Uncle, etc.)
- Navigate to “Authorized Payers” on the left hand navigation menu
- Select “Add New” to create an Authorized Payer (you can create up to five)
- Enter in the request information. You will need to provide your Authorized Payer with their login credentials
- Select “Add” to save
To Edit or Delete your Authorized Payer
- You can reset and Authorized Payer’s password by selecting the “edit” icon, then select “Reset Password”
- You can delete your Authorized Payer by selecting the “delete” icon next to the Authorized Payer’s name
To Add a Secondary Email Addresss
- Navigate to “User Preferences” on the left hand navigation menu
- Fill out your personal email address in the box next to “Secondary”
- Select Save
To View Current and Previous Statements
- Navigate to “View Accounts” on the left navigation menu. If you have a statement in the system, you will be brought to your “Current Statement”
- To print a PDF of your statement, select the “Printable Statement” icon
- To view previous statements select “Statement History” under “View Accounts” on the left navigation menu
- You can select any statement there for viewing by clicking the detail icon