- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts offers $8,000 awards to professional artists, $6,000 awards to graduate students, and $4,000 awards to undergraduate students. Applicants may apply in the disciplines of Crafts, Drawing, Film/Video, Mixed Media, New/Emerging Media, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, and Art History (graduate students only). All applicants must be legal residents of Virginia and student applicants must be enrolled full-time in degree-seeking programs. Applicants’ works are reviewed anonymously by distinguished jurors and awards are made based on artistic merit. The deadline for Fellowship applications is Friday, November 7, 2014. Full eligibility criteria, an application, and a printable PDF flyer can be found at VMFA.
- Education Portal is accepting submissions for the Tuition Won't Stop Me Scholarship. You can find all of instructions and rules here: http://education-portal.com/articles/Tuition_Scholarship.html. Students can apply for our $1000 Tuition Won't Stop Me Scholarship from now until September 13th at 5 pm PST. All they have to do is create a short video about their experience using credit by exam (CLEP, DSST, Excelsior, AP, etc.) to cut the cost of their degree and fill out a brief entry form. Education Portal knows that with the rising cost of tuition, students are finding it harder to complete their degrees. We think everyone is entitled to a higher education regardless of financial status and we are committed to helping students reduce their student loan debt. Last time we offered this scholarship, Alyssa Snow of Azusa Pacific University was awarded $1000 to help further her education. You can watch her winning video entry here.
- Foundation for Roanoke Valley: several scholarships
- Goedekers College Scholarship: awarding a grand prize of $500 and two honorable mentions for $100; This scholarship will be offered nationwide. Scholarship is available to all students (Undergraduate and Graduate) and available to all fields of study.
Health Focus of Southwest Virginia Scholarship Program: Your GPA must be 2.75 or better before being considered. You MUST be accepted into a medical program before you are eligible for a scholarship.
The Honolulu HI 5 Dream Home Scholarship contest aims to encourage students to express their views on owning their dream homes. Deadline October 1, 2014.
Hughes Memorial Foundation: awards Scholarships to individuals for higher education or job training with preference being given to needy and/or disadvantaged children living in the Virginia counties of Pittsylvania, Halifax, Mecklenburg, Charlotte, Campbell, Bedford, Franklin, Henry and Patrick. Applications are accepted in the spring with a deadline of April 1st and September 1st. The application and ALL required supporting documentation must be submitted by the deadline to be considered.
- J.T.- Minnie Maude Charitable Trust
- Langley Aerospace research Summer Scholars Program (LARSS) (http://www.nianet.org/larss/)
- New College Foundation Scholarship application: deadline July 11, 2014
- The Senior Planning Social Work & Eldercare Award is a scholarship is for undergraduates who can demonstrate a commitment to the community in regard to healthcare and social assistance and are working toward a degree in social work. Deadline: December 12, 2014
- Student Scholarships: several scholarships listed on this site.
- The Veterans United Foundation’s primary goal is to assist military service members and their families by awarding five bi-annual $2,000 scholarships to help pay tuition and books. To be eligible, the applicant must be a current active-duty service member, a veteran, spouse or child of a veteran/military member, or a surviving spouse/child. Applicants must display financial need and maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average. Deadlines are March 15 –Spring scholarships and September 15 –Fall scholarships to initiate the application process. For details go to http://www.enhancelives.com/.
- Virginia Foundation for Community College Education recognizes outstanding students of all ages and backgrounds through its statewide scholarship program. The application period for the 2014-2015 school year is open. Visit their website. VFCCE scholarship information is also posted on the Virginia Education Wizard.
- The Virginia Space Grant Consortium (VSGC) offers internship opportunities. Application deadlines vary. Check their website for internships available.