Listed below are scholarships, some through outside agencies and are not restricted to PHCC students. Please review this list often whether you attend here or plan to transfer. This listing is updated as scholarships are made known to the Financial Aid office.
- Foundation for Roanoke Valley: several scholarships
- Goedekers College Scholarship: awarding a grand prize of $500 and two honorable mentions for $100; This scholarship will be offered nationwide. Scholarship is available to all students (Undergraduate and Graduate) and available to all fields of study.
Health Focus of Southwest Virginia Scholarship Program: Your GPA must be 2.75 or better before being considered. You MUST be accepted into a medical program before you are eligible for a scholarship. Application and materials for the Health Focus Scholarship.
Hughes Memorial Foundation: awards Scholarships to individuals for higher education or job training with preference being given to needy and/or disadvantaged children living in the Virginia counties of Pittsylvania, Halifax, Mecklenburg, Charlotte, Campbell, Bedford, Franklin, Henry and Patrick. Applications are accepted in the spring with a deadline of April 1st and September 1st. The application and ALL required supporting documentation must be submitted by the deadline to be considered.
- J.T.- Minnie Maude Charitable Trust
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation - The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation invites applications for its Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship, the largest private scholarship in the country for community college transfer students. As many as 85 students from a nationwide applicant pool will receive up to $40,000 per year for up to three years of study at any four-year accredited college or university of their choosing.
- Langley Aerospace research Summer Scholars Program (LARSS) (http://www.nianet.org/larss/)
- The Senior Planning Social Work & Eldercare Award is a scholarship is for undergraduates who can demonstrate a commitment to the community in regard to healthcare and social assistance and are working toward a degree in social work.
- Student Scholarships: several scholarships listed on this site.
- The Veterans United Foundation’s primary goal is to assist military service members and their families by awarding five bi-annual $2,000 scholarships to help pay tuition and books. To be eligible, the applicant must be a current active-duty service member, a veteran, spouse or child of a veteran/military member, or a surviving spouse/child. Applicants must display financial need and maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average. Deadlines are March 15 –Spring scholarships and September 15 –Fall scholarships to initiate the application process. For details go to http://www.enhancelives.com/.
- Virginia Foundation for Community College Education recognizes outstanding students of all ages and backgrounds through its statewide scholarship program. The application period for the 2014-2015 school year is open. Visit their website. VFCCE scholarship information is also posted on the Virginia Education Wizard.
- The Virginia Space Grant Consortium (VSGC) offers internship opportunities. Application deadlines vary. Check their website for internships available.
- Insider Scholarship is offering five $1,000 scholarships for the 2015-2016 academic year to high school seniors and students attending an accredited college for the upcoming year. Download the application here.
- Martinsville Area Community Foundation is one of the largest providers of educational scholarships in this region. Each year, MACF awards more than $200,000 in scholarship funds to deserving students from Martinsville and the surrounding area.
- Nurse Corps Scholarship Program application cycle is now open and will close on May 21 at 7:30 p.m. Please refer to the 2015 Application and Program Guidance for all of the program requirements.
- The Andrew Flusche Scholarship Contest requires students to raise awareness about the problem of underage drinking. Applicants must create a public service advertisement video (PSA) which raises awareness of the severity of the consequences of drunk driving among your peers. Two winners are chosen each year, one per semester, and each winner receives $500. Find out more about the scholarship here.
- The Internet Education Award requires each applicant to create an original infographic showing how technology enhances learning. The award amount is $1,000. Deadline is July 17, 2015.
- 2015 Margaret Lewis Scholarship (Paralegal) requires applicants to be attending a legal assistant/paralegal program at an approved school in Virginia on a part-time or full-time basis, and have completed at least 12 semester hours in the program. The award amount is $1,000.
- SP Scholarship - $10,000 - 1 Award (Deadline is May 15, 2015) Eligibility: A) Students must be attending an accredited post-secondary institution by the fall of 2015 at the latest. B) Students must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a program that is at least two years in length. Apply HERE.
- Odenza Vacations Scholarship - $500 - 1 Award (Deadline is June 1, 2015) Eligibility: A) Students must be between the ages of 17 and 24 on Sept. 1, 2015 B) Students must submit answers to the essay question, which can be found on the application page, prior to the June 1, 2015 deadline. C) Students must have a GPA of 2.5 or greater. D) Students must be a resident of the United States or Canada.
- Got a Spine Scholarship - $500- 1 Award (Deadline is June 2, 2015) Eligibility: A) Students must be attending college or university no later than October of 2015. B) Students must be attending college or university on a full-time basis by October of 2015. C) Students must have achieved a GPA of 2.5 or greater during their last academic year. D) Students must be attending a school in the U.S. or Canada by October 2015. Apply HERE.
- SLAC Scholarship - $500 - 1 Award (Deadline is Sept. 15, 2015) Eligibility: A) Students must be enrolled in full-time studies at a college, or technical school no later than September 2015. B) Students must complete the online application no later than Sept. 15, 2015. Apply HERE.