- Foundation for Roanoke Valley: several scholarships
- Goedekers College Scholarship: awarding a grand prize of $500 and two honorable mentions for $100; This scholarship will be offered nationwide. Scholarship is available to all students (Undergraduate and Graduate) and available to all fields of study.
Health Focus of Southwest Virginia Scholarship Program: Your GPA must be 2.75 or better before being considered. You MUST be accepted into a medical program before you are eligible for a scholarship. Application and materials for the Health Focus Scholarship.
Hughes Memorial Foundation: awards Scholarships to individuals for higher education or job training with preference being given to needy and/or disadvantaged children living in the Virginia counties of Pittsylvania, Halifax, Mecklenburg, Charlotte, Campbell, Bedford, Franklin, Henry and Patrick. Applications are accepted in the spring with a deadline of April 1st and September 1st. The application and ALL required supporting documentation must be submitted by the deadline to be considered.
- J.T.- Minnie Maude Charitable Trust
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation - The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation invites applications for its Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship, the largest private scholarship in the country for community college transfer students. As many as 85 students from a nationwide applicant pool will receive up to $40,000 per year for up to three years of study at any four-year accredited college or university of their choosing.
- Langley Aerospace research Summer Scholars Program (LARSS) (http://www.nianet.org/larss/)
- The Senior Planning Social Work & Eldercare Award is a scholarship is for undergraduates who can demonstrate a commitment to the community in regard to healthcare and social assistance and are working toward a degree in social work. Deadline: December 12, 2014
- Student Scholarships: several scholarships listed on this site.
- The Veterans United Foundation’s primary goal is to assist military service members and their families by awarding five bi-annual $2,000 scholarships to help pay tuition and books. To be eligible, the applicant must be a current active-duty service member, a veteran, spouse or child of a veteran/military member, or a surviving spouse/child. Applicants must display financial need and maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average. Deadlines are March 15 –Spring scholarships and September 15 –Fall scholarships to initiate the application process. For details go to http://www.enhancelives.com/.
- Virginia Foundation for Community College Education recognizes outstanding students of all ages and backgrounds through its statewide scholarship program. The application period for the 2014-2015 school year is open. Visit their website. VFCCE scholarship information is also posted on the Virginia Education Wizard.
- The Virginia Space Grant Consortium (VSGC) offers internship opportunities. Application deadlines vary. Check their website for internships available.
- Insider Scholarship is offering five $1,000 scholarships for the 2015-2016 academic year to high school seniors and students attending an accredited college for the upcoming year. Download the application here.
- Avvo Scholarship program is offering a $5,000 scholarship for transfer students who wish to pursue a graduate law program, including but not limited to those in an official pre-law program or common pre-law majors - such as Political Science, Economics, Accounting or Finance, English, Philosophy, Criminal Justice, Engineering, Medicine, etc. Applications are due by January 1, 2015. Apply here.
- Martinsville Area Community Foundation
Patrick Henry Community College - Official Site