The Division of Technology is composed of five departments which are Information Technology, Distance Learning/Instructional Technology, Instructional Media Services, Library Services, Programming and the Learning Lab/Testing Center. The Division of Technology is directed under the leadership of David Deal, Dean of Technology.
· The Information Technology Department provides information technology and support for the college's faculty, staff, and students. With a staff of three, the IT Department provides network, server, desktop, application, and telephone support for the PHCC main campus and off-campus training sites located in Martinsville and Patrick County.
· The Distance Learning/Instructional Technology with a staff of one supports the Blackboard Learning Management System for students taking online classes and also provides technology tools and training for faculty.
· Instructional Media Services with a staff of two supports compress video classrooms and multimedia classrooms on the main campus and at the remote sites.
· Library Services with a staff of three supports the library circulation and online reference databases for the faculty and students.
· The Programming Department with a staff of two supports all programming, query, data collection, and data security needs for the administrators, faculty and staff.
· The Learning Lab/Testing Center with a staff of four supports the Virginia Placement Tests for new students, distance learning proctored tests and makeup tests for students.