How to Make an Appointment with a Tutor:
1. For assistance with ANY writing assignment in ANY course - Contact the Writing Center (1st floor LRC, 656-5497, 800-232-7997 ext. 5497, ) to schedule an individual appointment with a Writing Center Coach. Walk-ins are available ONLY for proofreading of COMPLETED papers on Mondays - Thursdays from 12 - 2 p.m. (no appointment needed).
Writing Center Hours:
Monday: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Tuesday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 noon
2. For help with ANY Math course - No appointment needed; just stop by the Math Lab (1st floor LRC) to see a Math Lab Coach. Contact the Math Lab (638-8777 ext. 0466, 800-232-7997 ext. 0466, ) for a listing of available hours and math study groups.
3. For all other courses - Contact Student Support Services (1st floor LRC, 656-0296, 800-232-7997 ext. 0296, ) to schedule an appointment or for a list of available study groups.
4. For off campus courses (Patrick County, Franklin County, Uptown Sites) - Contact Student Support Services (656-0296, 800-232-7997 ext. 0296, ) for information on tutoring options for your site.
5. For assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - SmarThinking is an on-line tutoring service you can use from any computer with Internet access for help with Math, English, Science, or Business courses. Instructions on how to use Smarthinking.