Middle College 2012 Graduation
Middle College Graduation 2014: video
Middle College Graduation 2013: Video
Middle College 2012 Graduation
Middle College allows students to pursue a GED, enroll in community college courses, explore career paths, and earn a Career Readiness Certificate in a college environment. This program is offered free of charge to students who are eligible and ready to make a commitment to the program and their future. Our goal is to help further your educational background and prepare you to be successful in the work place.
WHAT IS Middle College?
Middle College is a college entry and career development program offered to individuals between the ages of 18 and 26 who have not completed high school. Middle College allows students to obtain their GED and receive academic and career readiness training on the campus of Patrick Henry Community College.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE for Middle College?
Individuals between the ages of 18 and 26 who do not have a high school diploma and want to further their education are eligible to apply for entrance into Middle College. Applicants must be committed to the program and complete an assessment to determine skill levels in reading and mathematics.
WHERE IS Middle College located?
Middle College is located in the Learning Resource Center (LRC) on the second floor at Patrick Henry Community College at 645 Patriot Avenue, Martinsville, VA. Middle College is part of the Developmental Education and Transitional Programs Department.
WHEN CAN I ENROLL in Middle College?
Middle College has open enrollment so individuals may enroll at any time. Applications are now being accepted.
Classes held Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
HOW MUCH DOES Middle College COST?
Middle College is FREE to all participants.
ARE Middle College STUDENTS CONSIDERED COMMUNITY COLLEGE STUDENTS?
Yes, all Middle College students are accepted for admissions to Patrick Henry Community College. Middle College students have access to all resources available to college students.
WHAT WILL I EARN through the Middle College Program?
Middle College completers will earn:
- GED (1-semester program)
- Virginia’s Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
- College Credit (Career Education course)
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I’M INTERESTED in Middle College?
Contact Christy Yaple, Director, at (276) 656-5490 or by email at
Middle College application
Tough class with a tough instructor?
Our classes are small so you get more one-on-one if you need it.
Need a certain class to graduate on time?
PHCC may have the class you need to get back on track!
Why not pick up a couple of classes over the summer at PHCC and lighten your load next semester?
PHCC Student/Teacher Ratio: Super Low!
PHCC Cost: Super-Low!
Your Chance of Success: Super-High!
Sometimes you need to catch up. Sometimes you need to get ahead.
See the Summer Schedule.
How to apply.
How to register.
Make an appointment with a.
***Note: You do not get an acceptance letter unless you submit a hard copy. Otherwise, it’s automatic, and you get your ID number and advisor’s name at the end of the online process, which you can print out. If there is a problem, you are notified at that time to contact the Admissions Office.
To become a student at PHCC, you must submit the following information to the Admissions Office:
- A completed Application for Admission. You may get an application by calling the Admissions Office at (276) 656-0325, visiting the Admissions Office on campus, download the application, or you may apply online at https://apply.vccs.edu/app/app.htm
Official high school transcripts or GED certificate if: You plan to enter the Nursing, Licensed Practical Nursing, or EMT-Intermediate program (no exceptions).
- Applicants for financial aid should be aware that some financial aid programs may require that the high school transcript/GED certificate be submitted without exception before an award may be made.
- If you will not have finished high school or GED before enrolling, specific testing may be required for admission evaluation. Contact the Admissions Office for details.
Official college transcripts for all previous institutions if:
- you plan to enter the degree program in either Nursing or EMT-Paramedic or the certificate in Licensed Practical Nursing.
- you wish to receive transfer credit.
- If you can transfer at least 20 semester hours to PHCC, you are exempt from completing SDV 108, College Survival Skills.
- Other material when applicable. Nursing (RN and LPN) applicants need to consult specifics in the Nursing section of the college catalog.