As a Veterinary Assistant you will help the Veterinarian or the Veterinarian Technician in their daily tasks. You will feed, water, and examine pets for signs of illness, disease, or injury; and clean and disinfect cages and work areas, as well as sterilize laboratory and surgical equipment in laboratories, animal hospitals and clinics.
- Classes will meet for five (5) Saturdays, April 5 to May 9, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Classroom Instruction: 35 hours
- Required Internship: 24 hours
- Awarded a Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of the program.
- You may use this as a stepping stone to becoming a Veterinary Technician.
- Veterinary Assistants earn from $8.25 to $17.07 per hour on national average, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
- No veterinary office work experience required.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Command of English grammar and punctuation.
- Proficient in keyboarding and basic understanding of a word processing computer program.
- $1,399 (includes textbooks and materials)
- Employers: Buy one, get one free!
This non-credit program is managed by:
Workforce Development and Continuing Education