P&HCC Website

Skip to content
P&HCC Logo

Veterans’ Educational Benefits Contact: 

Rosemary Bowers, Veteran Certifying Official
West Hall, Room 224 (Financial Aid Office)



In honor and support to those who are serving

Enrollment Information

Prior to enrolling in courses, the military service member should coordinate their chosen program of study and classes with their unit’s Education Services Officer (ESO) and their P&HCC advisor. 

Tuition Assistance

Military Tuition Assistance (TA) form is completed via the military service member’s branch website (ex: myarmybenefits.us.army.mil).   For the state TA form, the military service member would access it via their state site or obtain information about completing this form from their unit.  
Application questions must be addressed to the ESO of the military service member’s unit. 

A shopping sheet has been implemented for our veterans and dependents using education benefits. This same shopping sheet is available to our military service members at time of meeting with their advisors. This sheet will be customized to the needs of the military service member and will include the estimated cost of their program. 


The total number of credits required for a program,  type of degree and courses required are included in the PHCC Catalog.  Please access the catalog for this information.  

View the Catalog

TA Refund Policy

A student who withdraws after the 60% point of a semester is entitled to retain all the tuition payment for that semester. However, if the student withdraws prior to the 60% point of the term, unearned funds must be returned to the programs providing tuition assistance.

{slider=1}Determining the amount of tuition assistance earned{/slider=1}{slider1text}
The amount of tuition assistance earned is determined by multiplying the total aid for which the student qualified by the percentage of time during the term that the student attended/participated. If more payment was received than was earned, a calculation will be needed. The amount of tuition assistance that must be returned (i.e., that was unearned) is determined by subtracting the earned amount from the amount actually received. The student will receive a bill for the amount (s) he owes and the funds repaid by the student will be receipted into the appropriate tuition assistance program. {/slider1text}

{slider=2}Refund Schedule{/slider=2}{slider2text}


Additional Information

The Veterans Coordinator, Rosemary Bowers,  is located within the P&HCC Financial Aid Office, room 243 in the Walker Fine Arts/Student Building and can be reached at 276-656-0317 or rbowers@patrickhenry.edu. Training requirements with the Veterans Administration, to stay abreast of any changes with VA regulations, are completed annually.

Additional Resources such as tutoring, book and laptop assistance, disability services, career services as well as additional financial services are available to all students.

Access Student Services here

GI Bill® Certification 

This institution is approved to offer GI Bill® education benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency for most of our degree programs.

{slider=3}GI Bill® Benefits Quick Facts{/slider=3}{slider3text}

• Veteran (or dependent) receiving benefits must provide either a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility or Ebenefit Education page.

• Veterans are encouraged to provide a copy of page 4 of their DD214.

• A program of study must be chosen and all classes taken must be needed for graduation.

• When attendance ends during a term or all classes are failed, the last date of attendance must be reported to the Department of Veteran Affairs by our office. This may result in a reduction of benefits.

• Post 9/11 benefits paying 100% of tuition are offered a deferred payment on their tuition/fees.  Others must be prepared to have tuition payment arrangements.

• Covered veterans through Chapter 31 will need to keep their VA representative informed of enrollment changes.  The VA will provide the P&HCC Certifying Official authorization for classes and books.

• Chapter 33 (Post 9/11) must verify their enrollment monthly.  Text messaging is recommended by the Department of Veteran Affairs.  By phone or email are also an option.  

• Chapter 30 and Chapter 6106 must report their enrollment by phone (1-877-823-2378) or WAVE (gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do) at the end of each month.

• Veterans now may have a Shopping Sheet provided to them when they first enroll with advisement.  This sheet provides the cost of their program with tuition/fees and books broken down for a better understanding of the full cost.


{slider=4}GI Bill® Benefit Application{/slider=4}{slider4text}

Students eligible for veteran educational benefits from the US Department of Veteran Affairs may apply at va.gov/education/how-to-apply.



Virginia Military Survivors & Dependents Education Program (VMSDEP)

This benefit provides a waiver of tuition/fees at any Virginia State college. Benefits are provided to spouses and children of military service members killed, missing in action, taken prisoner, or who have been rated by the US Department of Veterans Affairs as totally and permanently disabled or at least 90 percent permanently disabled as a result of military service. To access the VMSDEP portal, go to https://myvmsdep.dvs.virginia.gov/ 

As of 2020, those eligible for this benefit were notified by email and provided instructions on how to access their pre-established account (myVMSDEP accounts).  Beneficiaries must update enrollment information EACH term in the myVMSDEP portal. 

Contact information for VMSDEP: VMSDEP@dvs.virginia.gov or (804) 225-2083


Grievance Policy

Any complaint should initially follow the school grievance policy provided in our Student Handbook. If the situation cannot be resolved by going through this channel, the student may contact the Virginia State Approving Agency (SAA) office via email saa@dvs.virginia.gov. 



C2C Logo A portal just for military and veteran students called CREDITS2CAREERS (C2C). It can help you estimate your credits for prior education and experience, explore civilian careers that relate to your training and expertise, craft an appealing resume, and more!

For a review of your military transcripts and transfer of credits to your program, contact the Registrar, Jessica Carter, at jcarter@patrickhenry.edu.




1747-consumer-informationConsumer Info

Rosemary Bowers | rbowers@patrickhenry.edu | 224 Walker Hall


Patrick & Henry Community College | 645 Patriot Avenue Martinsville, Virginia 24112 | Phone: 276.638.8777
Statements & Policies
Copyright 2024 Patrick & Henry Community College | All rights reserved